Monday 21 February 2011

Confused

I learned more and more about Islam and as more I read as more I was confused as I got so many different informations about the same topic and sometimes I was told the complete opposite about the same so after a while I just stopped and said myself that the Muslims itself are not all on the same page.

Then one day the big bang happend. Guess you can call it like that. It was still summer vacation time at my University and I also had that day of from my part-time work so I just stayed at home and relaxed. I watched TV (just one of those talkshows) and fell asleep on the sofa. Suddenly I woke up and saw the news all over the TV. That was the 11th of September 2001.

I guess you all know that after that the reputation of Islam went down (can't say it was very good before).

My curiosity awaked again because I couldn't believe that a religion really supported a terrorist attack like that on the World Trade Center.

After some research on the net I met a Muslim who was very patient with me and explained me all the differences in Islam, why I got so many different answers. He told me what is the difference between Suni and Shia, what are scholars and Islamic sects and he send me a lot of books to read which were more Islam friendly as the one I read before.

I finally did kind of understand Islam and the Muslims and also in what situation they saw themself but I still wasn't convinced of becoming a Muslim as the one most important thing was missing, the believe in Allah itself

but I will write more about that next time

1 comment: